Can’t find time for intensive facial care? Treat yourself without thinking too much about it. Good skin care and healthy lifestyle choices can delay the aging process and help prevent various skin problems. Here are five tips to help you every day.
- Protect your skin from sunlight
One of the most important ways to take care of your skin is to protect it from the sun. Excessive sun exposure can cause wrinkles, age spots and other skin problems and increase the risk of skin cancer.
For maximum sun protection:
- Use sunscreen with an SPF of at least 30.
- Avoid the sun between 10am and 2pm, when it is strongest.
- The less exposure to sunlight your skin will have, the better it is to wear sunscreen and hats.
- No Smoking
Studies have shown that smoking accelerates the aging process, causing smokers to lose their shine and start wrinkling faster. Smoking narrows blood vessels, making the skin seem to lose its radiance. In addition, smoking also damages collagen, which gives the skin elasticity.
- Take care of your skin
Excessive face washing can cause skin problems. To maintain skin softness:
- Limit bathing time. Hot water and long showers remove skin oil. Rinse it well, but skin should not be missing, either. So don’t stay in the bathroom too long and wash with warm, not hot water.
- Avoid strong soaps as they may dry out your complexion. Instead, you should choose special face cleansers that suit your skin type.
- Dry your face without damaging it. Do not use a rough surface towel or rub your face to dry it. Ideally, once cleaned, it will still remain moist and the remaining moisture will absorb naturally.
- Moisturize dry skin. Choose the tools that will suit your skin type and saturate it with the moisture it needs to maintain a healthy skin.
- Eat healthy
A healthy diet can improve your appearance and well-being. Eat fruits, vegetables, whole grains and lean protein. Also, drink plenty of water as it keeps fluids in your body and prevents dehydration.
- Avoid stress
Uncontrolled stress can irritate your skin and cause acne. To promote healthy skin and health, take steps to prevent or control stress. Get enough sleep, plan tomorrow’s work, do what you love – it helps you feel better.
Take care of yourself, love yourself and feel beautiful everyday!