For your makeup to look flawless, you need to take care not only of the tools that are right for your skin, but also of the skin itself before the makeup. But how to do it properly? Here are 6 tips to make you look incredibly adorable.
- Wash your face with lukewarm water. Use a non-irritating cleanser for your skin to help maintain skin tone and shine.
How do I choose the right cleaner?
This should be the first step in preparing your face for makeup. If your skin is sensitive, try to avoid glycolic acid-based cleansers, which can cause redness and irritation. Choose the products that will help you get the results you want.
Look for a pH balanced cleanser. Ideally, your natural pH should be 7. With no serious skin problems, the cleanser should match your skin’s pH. If you have acne, look for a slightly more acidic cleanser as these cleansers help fight bacteria. Of course, the ideal solution is not to make the decision yourself, but to consult a dermatologist.
- Use a tonic or serum. After exfoliation, apply a tonic or serum and leave to dry for a few minutes. This tonic is useful for those with extremely oily complexion, and serums are great for dry skin. While this is a step that most people tend to miss, it is very important to be beautiful with makeup.
How do I choose the right serum?
The best serums are those containing:
- Vitamin C, which smoothes the skin;
- Hyaluron – Keep skin moisturized.
- Eye cream or eye masks. Don’t think this step matters? In fact, it is extremely important. Like serums, your eye cream is not expected to strain your skin. Eye masks help moisturize and smooth the skin around the eyes. This facial area is extremely thin and sensitive skin, so make sure the products you use are of high quality.
- Irrigation This step is undeniable no matter what skin type you have. Before applying makeup, it is advisable to use a light moisturizer to avoid oily foundation. Make sure you use a moisturizer that matches your skin type and maintains moisture throughout the day.
- Makeup foundation. It acts as a protective layer that balances and maintains moisture to prevent damage to makeup. It also helps prevent pores from clogging your face.
Use the tips in this article to properly prepare your face before makeup for a lasting effect and a stunning look.